Check cashing apps made it possible to bypass bank queues. One big name in the game is Ingo Money App. However, if you need to cash a check online instantly without Ingo for whatever reason, this post is for you. Ingo is probably your go-to app because it offers “instant cashing”. But Ingo isn’t the only instant cashing app here—there are a few more.
Many of these apps don’t even rely on Ingo.
Why is there so much talk about Ingo? While it’s a major player, it’s not the sole option available. Looking for a change? Numerous apps offer unique features and atmospheres distinct from Ingo.
Why Consider Alternatives to Ingo?
- Each instant check cashing app brings a unique touch.
- Ingo might not always align with your requirements. Exploring can lead to a more suitable choice.
- Ever wondered if there’s a better option out there? Now’s your chance to discover something new, or say a new feature Ingo may not currently offer.
The message is that you need to expand your horizons and venture out of Ingo.
Ingo is decent, but there’s a vast world beyond it. Your ideal check-cashing buddy? It’s out there, a mere click away.
Ingo has long been a staple in the check cashing app realm, celebrated for its user-friendliness and dependability. Yet, it’s not without drawbacks.
Downsides of Using Ingo
Firstly, Ingo can be on the expensive side. If instant check clearance isn’t your thing, you might part with a significant portion of your check to pay for the speedy processing. We’ll be honest, parting with hard-earned money is not fun.
Moreover, there could be restrictions on check values, and occasional glitches in the check approval system can arise. This can be frustrating, especially when you’re in a hurry.
If the fees deter you or if you find the service somewhat limiting, it’s perfectly reasonable to explore check cashing apps beyond Ingo.
At times, stepping away from the mainstream can lead you to what genuinely resonates with you.
What to Know About Ingo Money App
Ingo Money app allows you to cash various checks, including personal, business, and paychecks. Once cashed, the funds are quickly available, and users can transfer them to different platforms such as:
- Bank accounts
- Prepaid cards
Also, the funds can be used to settle credit card bills, purchase Amazon gift cards, or even share a check with buddies.
For instant check cashing, Ingo Money charges a standard fee. It’s 2% for payroll and government checks with pre-printed signatures, and 5% for other accepted checks. There’s also a minimum fee of $5 per check.
Although Ingo offers convenience, it comes with fees (like any other anyway).
Cash a Check Online Instantly Without Ingo
In this section, I discuss bank apps and non-bank apps that allow you to cash a check online instantly without Ingo Money App.
With SoFi’s mobile check deposit, you don’t need to be a tech guru. Just snap a picture of your check using the SoFi app.
Forget the hassle of visiting a bank or ATM. With SoFi, you can deposit checks anytime, anywhere, right from the comfort of your home or wherever you are.
Once you’ve submitted your check through the SoFi app, the funds typically become available in your account within one to five business days. So, you won’t have to wait long to access your money.
Steps to cash a check online instantly without ingo using SoFi
- Download and log in to the SoFi app.
- Go to the Banking tab and tap on the Deposit icon.
- Enter the check amount and select whether you want it in your checking or savings account.
- Snap photos of both the front and back of your check.
- Hit submit, and that’s it.
To use SoFi’s mobile check deposit, ensure you have at least $500 deposited into your account. This can be done through direct deposit or an external bank transfer.
Always endorse your check before depositing. For SoFi, after signing, write ‘For deposit to SoFi Checking & Savings’.
Lastly, keep your check for about 30 days after depositing. Once you see the funds in your account, you can either destroy the check or mark it as void.
With PayPal, you can easily cash your checks online. Just use the “Cash a Check” feature in the PayPal app.
All you need to do is snap a photo of both sides of your signed check using the app.
After taking the photos, select “Next” and decide when you’d like to receive your money.
You can access your cash instantly for a small fee of $5, or wait 10 days and get it for free.
This feature is available every day, all year round, making it super convenient for users.
With the Netspend Mobile App, you can cash a check online instantly without Ingo. No need to wait in long lines or go through complicated processes.
Once your card account is loaded with the check amount, you can spend the money as you wish.
Steps to Use Mobile Check Load on Netspend
- Download the latest version of the Netspend Mobile App.
- From the app’s menu, choose “Mobile Check Load”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts which will guide you on how to take photos of your check.
- Depending on your chosen loading option, your money could be available in just minutes! However, be aware that there might be fees associated with certain loading options.
The Netspend Mobile App is compatible with both Apple and Android devices.
If you’re interested in this feature and don’t have a Netspend card yet, you can order one. It will be delivered to your address within 7-10 business days.
With the GO2bank app, you can cash your check and have your money in just minutes. If you’re in a hurry, you can opt to pay a small fee to get your money even faster.
If you’re not in a rush, you can choose to get your money in 10 days without any fees. Just ensure the check doesn’t bounce within that period.
Simple Steps to Cash a Check on Go2bank
- First, log into the GO2bank app and tap on “Move money”.
- Next, select “Cash a check”.
- Follow the easy instructions to snap photos of your check and input the check amount.
- Decide when you’d like the money in your account.
- Don’t forget to input the code GO2get5 to snag a one-time $5 credit. Hit “Apply” after.
GO2bank is a mobile bank account by Green Dot.
5. PNC Mobile Check Deposit
With the PNC Mobile app, you can deposit checks securely using your mobile phone or tablet.
PNC customers deposit over 2.5 million checks monthly using mobile devices.
Deposit a check easily and securely with PNC’s mobile banking apps.
If you deposit before 10 p.m. ET on a business day, the funds will be available the next day at no extra charge.
PNC Express Funds
- PNC Express Funds lets you cash a check online instantly without Ingo, though there’s a fee.
- This is handy when you need quick access to your funds, have upcoming bills, or just want peace of mind.
- You can deposit your check via the PNC Mobile app, a PNC DepositEasy℠ ATM, or with a teller.
- After depositing, choose between standard funds availability or PNC Express Funds. If you opt for PNC Express Funds, acknowledge the fee.
- The fee for PNC Express Funds is 2% for check amounts over $100. For checks between $25 and $100, there’s a $2 fee per check.
Note: PNC doesn’t charge for Mobile Banking, but third-party data rates might apply.
6. Key Bank App
KeyBank’s mobile check deposit allows you to deposit checks without visiting a branch or ATM.
How to cash a check online instantly without Ingo using Key Bank
- Open the KeyBank mobile app. Sign in using fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, or your User ID and Password.
- Go to the account where you want the deposit.
- Click on “Deposit.”
- Sign the back of your check and write, “For KeyBank mobile deposit only.”
- Use the app to take photos of both the front and back of your signed check. Ensure all four corners are visible.
- Confirm the deposit amount matches the check amount. Then, click “Submit Deposit.”
- Immediate Funds – For a 2% fee, get instant access to your money.
- Standard Deposit – This is free. Your money will be processed according to KeyBank’s standard times.
Keep your check for 14 days to ensure the deposit is successful. After that, you can safely discard it.
7. Dave Mobile Check Deposit
Note that Dave uses Ingo.
- Go to your Accounts.
- Click on the green bar that says “Add money” and then select “Scan a check”.
- Simply snap a photo of the front and back of the check and input the check’s value.
- You have two options:
- A no-fee deposit which might take up to 10 days.
- Get your money instantly for a small charge.
If you encounter any issues while cashing your check, you can reach out to Ingo Money:
- Phone: (229) 276-3990
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat via the website
8. Flare Account
Traditional banking is evolving, and Flare Account is at the forefront of this change. With Flare Account, you can cash a check online instantly without Ingo and no hidden fees.
The Flare Account Mobile App offers a feature known as Mobile Check Capture. This service, provided by First Century Bank, N.A. and Ingo Money, Inc., allows you to add check funds to your account.
However, note that while the service is available, all checks are subject to approval for funding based on Ingo Money’s discretion. There are fees associated with approved money in minutes transactions funded to your account. Unapproved checks won’t be funded to your account.
Approval review usually takes 3 to 5 minutes but can take up to one hour. All checks are subject to approval for funding at Ingo Money’s sole discretion. Fees apply for approved Money in Minutes transactions funded to your account.
The reason I am not a big fan of Flare Account to cash a check online instantly is that it has a relationship with Ingo. So, if you were banned or Ingo or left Ingo Money App for whatever reason, you might be affected by this relationship since Ingo controls the funding approval.
Unfortunately, Flare Account’s mobile check capture service is not available for use within the state of New York.
9. GTE Financial
If any of the above instant check deposit is not for you, then consider GTE Financial. However, you do not get funds instantly. The only reason GTE Financial makes this list is that they allow you access $200 the next business day. If your amount exceeds $200, you will get the balance after 2 business days. Note that business days exclude Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays.
- There’s no additional cost for GTE members to use this service.
- No need to visit a GTE branch. Deposit checks from the comfort of your home or anywhere else.
- Whether it’s day or night, you can deposit your checks anytime.
- The service ensures safe and secure access for all transactions.
- Members can deposit up to $10,000 per day.
For new users of Mobile Deposit, the first three checks will undergo verification, and funds won’t be immediately available.
Due to certain updates, Mac users can’t use the scan feature, and Chrome isn’t supported for Deposit2GO on Mac desktops. It’s recommended to use the Load and Zero-Client option.
I have seen some websites suggest Chime as an alternative way to cash a check online without Ingo Money App. This is false—Chime is a fintech that takes up to 5 business days to clear a mobile check deposit. They do not offer support for instant check cashing yet.
Also, some mention Santander Bank for instant check cashing. No, Santander isn’t instant, so it isn’t a good Ingo alternative in this regard—unfortunately.
Did someone recommend Stash for instant cashing? If yes, that’s incorrect. If using Stash, money could be in your account as soon as one business day, but some deposits may take up to five business days. Even Stash does not know when your funds will be available, but expect it within 1-5 business days.
ZilBank! Liar! Liar!
So, you would wonder why I have had to scream this. Well, that’s because ZilBank makes it look like they offer a way for you to cash a check online instantly without Ingo App. Rather than cash a check instantly, ZilBank lets you “Deposit” instantly—there is a difference. When you deposit a check using ZilBank app, you get the funds within 3-5 business days. So, there is nothing instant about this if funds won’t be available immediately.
In this post, we have been able to look at 9 apps that allow you to cash a check online instantly without Ingo. Some of these alternatives, such as SoFi, PayPal, Netspend, GO2bank, PNC, Key Bank, Dave, Flare Account, GTE Financial, and more, allow you to cash checks instantly but for a fee.
Nevertheless, you can save on fees since they are not extreme, access your funds quickly, and find a solution that aligns better with your preferences and requirements. Don’t hesitate to venture beyond Ingo to discover the perfect check-cashing companion that suits your financial needs.
Read also: How Long Does a Mobile Check Deposit Take?
We will send more information to your email. Don't miss out.